carbon graphite mechanical seal rings
St. Marys Carbon custom manufactures a variety of carbon graphite mechanical seal rings, including blank stock, impregnated, non-polished, machined and polished. Each of our seals are manufactured from our highest quality carbon graphite, electrographite, and resin-bonded graphite to meet the demands of your application.
Key Advantages of St. Marys Carbon Mechanical Seals:
- Self-Lubricating – Our seals are self-lubricating, meaning that a separate lubricant (e.g., oil) is not required, which allows them to be used in both dry-running and sanitary environments.
- Low Friction / Wear – The self-lubricating properties of our seals will greatly reduce the amount of friction and wear during operation, significantly reducing maintenance time, replacement and equipment damage.
- High Thermal Conductivity – Our seal materials allow for heat exchange, which will prevent overheating and most importantly will not cause damage to your equipment.
- Stability at High Temperatures – Our proprietary mix of carbon graphite is able to withstand extreme temperatures, which allows our seals to be used in a variety of harsh environments while still maintaining performance and increasing your equipment’s uptime.
- Anti-Welding/Melting: As our seals can withstand high temperatures, they are resistant to melting or welding to your equipment during operation, allowing your equipment to run longer and perform better.
- Oxidation-Resistant: Our proprietary mix of carbon graphite resists chemical degradation of the surface material, allowing our seals to last longer even in harsh environments.
As St. Marys Carbon is one of the few companies to make each and every product from the initial mixing of the carbon grades to the time it is shipped to our customers, each of our seals can be custom-manufactured to your specific requirements. We will individually work with you to find the right grade and design for your seals to optimize sealing performance and extend your equipment’s uptime.
Key End Products
Our seals are used in a large variety of industries for an even broader range of applications. Remember that we custom design our products to fit your needs, so please contact us if you have a need outside of those below and we’ll work with you to find a solution.
- Chemical Pumps
- Fluid-Handling Pumps
- Food-Handling Pumps
- Fuel Pumps
- Medical Pumps
- Oil & Gas Pumps
- Refrigeration Pumps
- Vacuum Pumps
You can find our carbon graphite seal rings used across a wide range of different markets, including:
- Food & Beverage
- Power Generation