HALO™ Turbine and Compressor Rings
Carbon Graphite Turbine and Compressor Rings
Protect Your Turbines & Compressors with HALO™ Rings for Superior Protection and Performance
We are a globally recognized manufacturer of both OEM and aftermarket carbon graphite turbine & compressor rings. Our HALO rings are preferred by major turbine and compressor manufacturers and are used in a variety of different turbine types, including steam, gas, hydro and wind.
Key Advantages of St. Marys Carbon HALO Rings:
- Self-Lubricating – Our HALO™ rings are self-lubricating, meaning that a separate lubricant (e.g., oil) is not required, which allows them to be used in both dry-running and sanitary environments.
- Low Friction / Wear – The self-lubricating properties of our HALO™ rings will greatly reduce the amount of friction and wear during operation, significantly reducing maintenance time, replacement and equipment damage.
- High Thermal Conductivity – Our HALO™ ring materials allow for heat exchange which will prevent overheating and most importantly will not cause damage to your equipment.
- Stability at High Temperatures – Our proprietary mix of carbon graphite is able to withstand extreme temperatures, which allows our HALO™ rings to be used in a variety of harsh environments while still maintaining performance and increasing your equipment’s uptime.
- Anti-Welding/Melting: As our HALO™ rings can withstand high temperatures, they are resistant to melting or welding to your equipment during operation, allowing your equipment to run longer and perform better.
- Oxidation-Resistant: Our proprietary mix of carbon graphite resists chemical degradation of the surface material, allowing our HALO™ rings to be used in harsh environments while maintaining performance.
Our HALO rings can be custom-manufactured to your specific requirements. We develop our own proprietary grades and manufacture each product in-house, so we will work closely with you to create a product that is right for you.
Our turbine and compressor rings are made from the following materials:
We also offer various impregnations and treatments to further fit your application needs.
Key End Products
Our HALO rings are used in a wide range of end products as listed below. Remember that we custom-design our products to fit your needs, so please contact us if you have a need outside of those below and we’ll work with you to find a solution.
- Gas Turbines
- Steam Turbines
- Hydro Turbines
- Wind Turbines
- Centrifugal Compressors
- Axial Compressors
- Reciprocating Compressors
You can find our HALO™ turbine and compressor rings are used across a wide range of different markets, including:
- Oil & Gas
- Power Generation
- Renewable Energy