Carbon Graphite Bearings & Bushings
We custom manufacture many sizes of carbon graphite bearings and bushings used in a variety of support and motion applications. We offer many different types of bearings, including radial, axial/thrust and sleeve, especially beneficial in any type of dry-running, harsh (e.g., high temperature, chemically corrosive) and sanitary environments.
Key Advantages of St. Marys Carbon Bearings / Bushings:
- Self-Lubricating – Our bearings are self-lubricating, meaning that a separate lubricant (e.g., oil) is not required, which allows them to be used in both dry-running and sanitary environments.
- Low Friction / Wear – The self-lubricating properties of our bearings will greatly reduce the amount of friction and wear during operation, significantly reducing maintenance time, replacement and equipment damage.
- High Thermal Conductivity – Our bearing materials allow for heat exchange which will prevent overheating and most importantly will not cause damage to your equipment.
- Stability at High Temperatures – Our proprietary mix of carbon graphite is able to withstand extreme temperatures, which allows our bearings to be used in a variety of harsh environments while still maintaining performance and increasing your equipment’s uptime.
- Anti-Welding/Melting: As our bearings can withstand high temperatures, they are resistant to melting or welding to your equipment during operation, allowing your equipment to run longer and perform better.
- Oxidation-Resistant: Our proprietary mix of carbon graphite resists chemical degradation of the surface material, allowing our bearings to last longer even in harsh environments.
We can custom-manufacture our bearings and bushings to your specific carbon grade requirements. We develop our own proprietary grades and manufacture each product in-house, so we will work closely with you to create a product that is right for you.
Our bearings and bushings are made from the following materials:
We also offer various impregnations and treatments to further fit your application needs.
Key End Products
Our bearings are used in a wide range of end products as listed below. Remember that we custom-design our products to fit your needs, so please contact us if you have a need outside of those below and we’ll work with you to find a solution.
- Chemical Pumps
- Fluid-Handling Pumps
- Food-Handling Pumps
- Fuel Pumps
- Medical Pumps
- Oil & Gas Pumps
- Refrigeration Pumps
- Vacuum Pumps
You can find our bearings and bushings used across a wide range of different markets, including:
- Food & Beverage
- Oil & Gas
- Power Generation