Carbon graphite glass handling product manufacturer
St. Marys Carbon is a leading manufacturer of carbon graphite glass handling products. These products are used in the manufacturing processes involving hot glass. This includes take-outs, collector rolls, pins, diablos, mandrels, pouring funnels, sweep-outs, dies, pusher bar and side roll carbons, forming tools and guides.
Key Advantages of St. Marys Carbon Hot Glass Handling Products:
- Self-Lubricating – Our Hot Glass Handling products are self-lubricating, meaning that a separate lubricant (e.g., oil) is not required, which allows them to be used in both dry-running and sanitary environments.
- Non-Checking – The self-lubricating properties of our Hot Glass Handling products will greatly reduce the amount of friction and wear during operation, which will prevent the glass from checking.
- Maintain Glass Quality – The unique properties of our Hot Glass Handling materials will maintain glass quality during the manufacturing process as they will not wet, adhere to or stain glassware.
- Use in Medical and Food Applications – As our Hot Glass Handling products are contamination-free, meaning no lubricants are required, they can be used in a variety of key industries for which glass handling is required, e.g., the manufacture of glass components for the food & beverage and medical / pharmaceutical industries.
- Stability at High Temperatures – Our proprietary mix of carbon graphite is able to withstand extreme temperatures, which allows our Hot Glass Handling products to be used in a variety of manufacturing processes without damage to the glass or your equipment.
- Anti-Welding/Melting: As our Hot Glass Handling products can withstand high temperatures, they are resistant to melting or welding to your equipment during operation, allowing your equipment to run longer and perform better.
We can custom-manufacture our hot glass handling products to your specific requirements. We specifically manufacture each product to be compatible with your specific glass type, including borosilicate, soda-lime, quartz and other customized glass types. We develop our own proprietary grades and manufacture each product in-house, so we will work closely with you to create a product that is right for you.
Our Hot Glass Handling products are made from the following materials:
We also offer various impregnations and treatments to further fit your application needs.
Ask about our sanitary grades that meet both US and European regulations for food, water and medical applications.
Key End Products
Our Hot Glass Handling products are used in manufacturing processes to develop a wide range of end products. Remember that we custom-design our products to fit your needs, so please contact us if you have a need outside of those below and we’ll work with you to find a solution.
- Glass Bottles & Containers
- Glass Test Tubes & Other Medical Equipment
- Electronic Glass Components
- Glass Components for Transportation
- Decorative Glass
You can find our hot glass handling products are used across a wide range of different markets, including:
- Consumer Products
- Food & Beverage