St. Marys Carbon Company – a globally recognized leader in the mechanical carbon market is seeking to add to our dedicated team. An opening exists on 1st shift for a “Quality Technician” in our St. Marys facility to service industries such as, aerospace, automotive, defense, energy, fluid handling, mining, and oil & gas.
The Quality Technician will be instrumental in performing dimensional inspections and material/physical testing on products.
Key result areas for this position include:
– Test product at specified stages in the production process for performance, dimensional, mechanical and physical qualities
– Perform destructive and nondestructive tests on materials and products to specifications
– Support the ASI Datamyte System in the QA and manufacturing locations
– Read and interpret blue prints, GD&T, flow diagrams, or formulas to determine quality and reliability standards
– Must be proficient with inspection instruments: micrometers, calipers, RAM optical, CMM and comparator, scales, hardness tester, Dillon, force gages, etc.
– Perform receiving inspection and document the results and record information in the company data system
The qualified candidate should have 1 – 3 years’ experience in manufacturing; have good verbal and written communication skills, exceptional interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively within a team environment. Must have strong PC skills, the ability to manage multiple priorities, and be detail oriented. Experience in a carbon manufacturing environment is preferred. To learn more about our company, visit our website at www.stmaryscarbon.com
St. Marys Carbon Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer